A small yet useful firefox tweak .Lot of people find it annoying to see their default search being changed from Google to ask.com or to something else.
If you type something in your address bar instead of correct URL, it will go to the default search engine. Firefox by default comes with Google as its default search engine. But when you install some toolbar like ask toolbar. Yahoo toolbar ...., it will change your default search engine. Lot of users find it quite annoying as there is no straight shortcut to change this. So How to change your default search provider to Google in Firefox ?
- Type " about:config " in the address bar of your Firefox.
- You might recieve a screen like below if you are opening Firefox configuration for the first time. Just click on " I'll be careful, I promise "
- In the screen that appears , you will see a filter textbox just below the address bar as shown in the fig below.
- In the Filter textbox, please enter the following .
- Now just Right click on the entry you see and Click on " Reset " . You should see the status being changed to " default.
- This should normally search in Google when you type in address.
Love Technade ? For more Subscribe here or click here to get updates via email