We normally add our website sitemap to Google web master Tools so that it help Search engine bots to index our pages better . Many of us don't know that there is one such tool from another search engine giant , Yahoo i.e Yahoo Site Explorer . So , How to submit a website sitemap to Yahoo Site Explorer ?
- Go to Yahoo Site Explorer and type your website URL in the Text box (First box in the picture ) and hit Explore URL .
- If you see some results , your site has already been included , else you have to add it manually by entering your website URL in the My sites column (Second box in the figure ) .
- If you are doing this after logging in Yahoo its ok or else Yahoo will prompt you to login .
- Once you logged in , Click on your website link in the Mysites column .
- You will be taken to a summary page where your websites Authentication status , Homepage and number of feeds will be shown .
- On the left side of this page , you can find a menu as shown in the figure. Click authentication in it .
- Now you need to authenticate your URL by either uploading a file to your server or add a meta tag to your homepage .
- Once you are done with it , Click on Ready to Authenticate . Your authentication status will be changed to pending . Yahoo will verify your website in 24 hours .
- In the left side menu , you can see feeds option . Click on it and you can submit the feed of your blog in a text box which look like as shown in the figure .
- Now wait for 2-3 days and you can see better results from Yahoo.
Subscribe here to get more blogging tips and tricks or Get blogging tips and tricks via email .