Are you a Gmail favourite ,who set Gmail as your primary mail service ???Then you should be getting frustrated with it when you want to send files with the following extensions exe, dll, ocx, com or bat as you have to use other mail services like yahoo which allows the file with these extensions to be sent over them.May be Google has got security reasons for this.If you try to attach a file with these extensions ,It will give you a error like this "This is an executable file. For security reasons, Gmail does not allow you to send this type of file."
[I don't understand y Google gives this error after uploading the whole file to its server.If you have the reason post it as comment !!!].
Now Ill tell you some trick through which you can send or attach any type of file in you Gmail.
- Open your My computer or explorer window.On the top menu beside file,edit and view,you can find tools.Now go to folder options in it.A window will pop up.
- In the window click on the view tab.Now find Hide extensions for known file types and uncheck it.Now click Ok.
- Go to the .exe file or some other file which is to be sent over the Gmail.
- Now change the file extension of the file to other extensions which Gmail allows like .jpeg or .GIF [For e.g If the file hdd.exe is to be sent,rename it to hdd.jpeg] and send the file.If you have a large file,do the above steps and then Zip it.You cant send just by zipping , as gmail scans extensions in zip files also.
- At the recievers end,after downloading the file,ask them to get it renamed again to the original file extension.
If you don't want violate Gmail policies or anything.just go to some file sharing service like rapidshare and upload your file there.They will give you a link.Send the link to the recipient through the mail.
If you have any other tricks ,post it as a comment.If you like the post,subscribe here or click here to get email updates.