One of my reader Shern asked me this question yesterday
" hi expert, i need your advice. why is it that my pc internet connection is now slow like snail? previously it was fast. but now just to load a page is the time i take to make a coffee.
i'll spend you coffee,pls help me will you. thanks and good luck on your thesis. "
You need not spend me a coffee to answer this question dear..Being a reader of my blog is enough to answer your query.Thanks a lot for wishing me for my thesis , which I did well because of your wishes and for reading my blog.I would had answered your question yesterday only but told na ,I was busy with my report.Here is the reasons I think that would had slowed your net speed.
- Over loaded PC : You might have too many programs installed in your PC and might be left with very less hard disk space. These programmes slowdown windows which might had affected your internet speed too. So just keep programmes you need and uninstall the rest.
- Intruders : Most of the times this becomes the main reason for a hog in network speed. viruses, Trojans, worms, spyware, and adware might had crept into your PC. Try scanning it with some antivirus and anti spyware or you can try some online scanner like this if you don't have one.
- Browser problems : You browser software might be giving you problem.Sometimes addons that you install in your browser eat up speed when you start your browser like live bokmarks or you might had installed some problematic add on.Here is the list of addons that are problematic with Firefox .
- Startup : There will be some processes which might be getting started from the startup and decreasing the performance of PC.Find out the stray one and delete it from startup.
- Ping : Sometimes my PC forgets to connect if i leave it idle for long time and when I connect it again it gets a bit slow.Try to keep continuous ping on your internet ISP server.It keeps you connected. E.g if your server ip is 10.10.11.20 . go to run and type ping -t 10.10.11.20.Most of the net speed boosters integrate this tool in them.I recommend you to use network tweaking softwares to change your network settings for getting better speeds.
People if you know any another solution to this problem , please post it as comment for baby shern