Internet Explorer 7 ,the latest IE version from Microsoft, will allow you to download only two files simultaneously. This limitation can prove to be a inconvenience for those who downloads quite a lot on the Internet. But a bit of tweaking of registry can remove this limitation.Here is how to do the tweak.
- Go to your registry editor by typing "Regedit" in start --> Run and hitting Enter.
- Once the registry editor opens,Navigate as shown below.
- Right click in the empty space, and create a new DWord (32-bit) value with name:
- Double click this entry and modify the value to 3.
- Now create one more Dword MaxConnectionsPerServer just like above and modify its value also to 3.
- If you have Internet Explorer open, just restart it and you should be able to have an unlimited number of simultaneous downloads running.
Originally taken from : Vista wired.