Installed Yahoo Messenger 9.0 !! You might be getting annoyed by the ads in the bottom . So how to remove these annoying ads on the bottom of Yahoo! Messenger 9 window ?
- Exit any running instance of Yahoo Messenger 9.0
- Now find the file C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\Cache\urls.xml
- Clear its content and save it (as an empty file) . Now change the properties of the file (urls.xml) to " Read Only ".
- Download the file from http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C5JRI65V (size : 25KB).
- Run the file and click Patch . If it gives up a pop-up saying “Can not find the file. Search the file?”, then click Yes and show the path of your yahoomessenger.exe ( normally it will be C:/Program Files/Yahoo/Messenger/YahooMesssenger.exe ) and click patch. After it says patching is done . restart Yahoo Messenger to see the bottom banner being removed.
You might find the following posts useful :
How to detect a invisible user on Yahoo Messenger ?
How to run multiple instances of Yahoo Messenger ?
Yahoo Messenger hacks for getting tabs in IM window
How to add Yahoo online presence to your webpage ?
Like my blog ? Subscribe here or click here to get updates via email